DEXX is recruiting for an full-time Avian-Exotic Inte
What’s in it for you?
Are you a Board-Certified Avian-Exotic Internist (DACZM or DABVP) looking for a new opportunity and challenge? Would you enjoy working from home, providing phone-based consultations to veterinary peers across the US and Canada? If so, apply today, and come join our team! We are anticipating a late Q2 2019 hiring opportunity, and we are able to hire either a US or Canada-based Consultant (Home-Based).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary job responsibility is live phone consultation.
- Responsible for knowing proper specimen handling techniques for laboratory specimens for lab processing and interferences in the sample that may affect the test results.
- Responsible for knowing tests offered by IDEXX Reference Laboratories, specimen requirements for each of these tests, clinical utility of each test and how to interpret results.
- Familiar with in-house diagnostic (IHD) tests offered by IDEXX (i.e., SNAP tests, VetTest, CatalystDX, Lasercyte, ProCyte, etc).
- Expected to meet caseload and turnaround expectations, and to be accessible for client consultations during regular working hours.
- Expected to maintain proficiency and continually develop medical knowledge base by attending at least one continuing education meeting per year and maintaining familiarity with current literature.
- Expected to maintain active Diplomate status and State/Provincial Veterinary Licensure.
- Required to participate in scheduled consulting service meetings via teleconference; and to participate in other IDEXX educational or organizational meetings as they arise.
- Consultation service hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 7pm EST. The Consultant will work a daily 8-hour shift within that time frame; scheduling flexibility is preferred.
- An unpaid lunch break will be scheduled and must be adhered to, in order to provide adequate coverage of the consulting service.
- All appointments, CE conferences, vacations and paid time off (PTO) must be approved by supervisor or logistics manager prior to scheduling.
- Enter all consultation information regarding consultations into the Customer Relationship Management System software per expectations.
Virtual Work Environment Requirements:
- Dedicated quiet office space
- High speed internet service with minimum speeds of 30 Mb/s download and 5 Mb/s upload with hardwire access.
- Ability to travel to Westbrook, ME for 2 weeks of training at start of employment.
- May be required to travel to a Reference Laboratory to become familiar with aspects of a commercial laboratory.
- Additional training on IHD products, reference lab diagnostics, and specialty tests offered by IDEXX will be provided as materials become available.
- Ability to travel to and attend Medical Consulting Services training as needed.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply Today!
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 8,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.