Oxbow Animal Health Exotic Mammal Health Award
Oxbow Animal Health, in conjunction with AEMV, is proud to present the Oxbow Exotic Mammal Health Award, an annual award recognizing excellence and innovation in the field of exotic mammal health.
The Oxbow Exotic Mammal Health Award is based on excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Exhibiting leadership in the field of exotic mammal health
- Advancing the understanding of clinical diseases and treatments in exotic mammal pets
- Promoting the field of exotic mammal medicine
- Promoting the field of exotic mammal nutrition
- Providing innovation to the field of exotic mammal medicine
To make a nomination, email AEMV with the candidate’s CV and letter of recommendation describing the individual and how they exemplify the above qualities.
Award recipients receive:
- $1,000 cash award
- The Quest: A highly symbolic, contemporary sculpture commissioned by Oxbow to commemorate the recipient’s achievement
- A travel and registration stipend to help cover expenses associated with attending the AEMV conference (up to $1000). Recipients must be available and willing to attend a presentation ceremony at the annual conference and participate in other recognition activities.
Nominations for the annual award are due June 1.
- 2022: Dan Johnson, DVM, DABVP (Exotic Companion Mammal Practice)
- 2021: Jennifer Graham, DVM, DABVP (Avian Practice), DABVP (Exotic Companion Mammal Practice), DACZM
- 2020: Drury Reavill, DVM, DABVP (Avian Practice), DABVP (Reptile & Amphibian Practice), DACVP
- 2019: James Carpenter, DVM, MS, DACZM
- 2018: Thomas M. Donnelly, BVSc, DACLAM
- 2017: Katherine Quesenberry, DVM, DABVP (Avian Practice), MPH
- 2016: Jöerg Mayer, DVM, MSc MRCVS, DABVP (ECM Practice), DECZM (Small Mammal)
- 2015: Brendan Carmel, BVSc MVS (Australasian Wildlife), GDipComp CMAVA MACVSC (Unusual Pets)
- 2014: Michelle Hawkins, VMD, DABVP (Avian Practice)
- 2013: Angela Lennox, DVM, DABVP (Avian Practice), DABVP (Exotic Companion Mammal Practice), DECZM (Small Mammal)
- 2012: Karen Rosenthal, DVM, MS
- 2011: Gregory Rich, DVM
- 2010: Vittorio Capello, DVM, DABVP (Exotic Companion Mammal Practice)
- 2009: Cathy Johnson-Delaney, DVM