This contest is open to all veterinary students. Thank you to our sponsor, the Lafeber Company!
Students will submit a two (2) page case write up (not to exceed 1500 words) about an Exotic Companion Mammal case they have seen, either at their college or during their experiences in a clinical setting. Case write ups should include (see below sample):
- History/Physical Exam Findings
- Diagnostic Workup, Treatment and Outcome
- Maximum eight (8) references
For blinding purposes, please:
- Authors should avoid including within the text: the name of the institution at which the work was performed, initials of the authors; and must remove institution names from illustrations in order to maintain anonymity
- Include a title page, separate from the case report and include the title of the paper, names and qualifications of all authors, affiliations and full mailing address including e-mail addresses, and contact telephone number of student and clinician
The student must obtain permission from the supervising clinician, +/- the owner (as required by local privacy laws or facility standards) to write up the case. The name of the supervising clinician(s) must be included as an author on the case; but only identified as such in the separate attachment as outlined above. Please include a maximum 250- word summary of the case write up that can be posted publicly. To view a sample case report submission, click here.
Entries must be submitted to email@example.com by April 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (UTC-4:00). Entries will be evaluated and graded by members of the AEMV Research/Scientific Committee and winners will be notified Friday, April 29, 2022.
Winners will be honored on the AEMV Facebook page, AEMV.org, and LafeberVet.com.
Prizes are as follows:
- First Place: $100 USD plus two (2) textbooks (Exotic Animal Formulary, Fifth Edition, Carpenter and Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents, Fourth Edition, Quesenberry, et al) that will help you in practice.
- Second Place: $100 USD cash prize plus the helpful handbook Exotic Animal Formulary, Fifth Edition, Carpenter
- Third Place: Cash prize of $100 USD
Want to learn more about exotic companion mammals? Check out www.aemv.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians’ Student Membership which is FREE for all students in a recognized veterinary training program.