Island Exotic Veterinary Care is a privately owned and growing avian and exotic practice on Long Island, New York. We are looking for a veterinarian to join our team full or part time. We have made updates to the clinic and provide compassionate care to our clients and their pets. We are focused on client education and providing quality pet care to clients with birds, reptiles, ferrets, rabbits, rodents and a variety of other exotic companion pets.
The ideal candidate would be able to see regularly scheduled appointments and interested in performing surgeries and dentals on the exotic species. The schedule has options for day and evening hours as well as Saturdays. Job responsibilities include those expected of an associate veterinarian such as preventive medicine and emergency/critical care to exotic species. We have in-house cbc/chemistry, computed radiography soon to be upgraded to digital x-ray, and ultrasound. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train a recent graduate.
• Ability to show compassion to both pets and their owners
• Outstanding dexterity in handling small animals while performing precise tasks
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions under pressure about the wellbeing of an animal
• Strong fondness and understanding of animals
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of animal behavior
• A graduate from an accredited veterinary program
• Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of New York
• A resume that shows an interest and experience working with avian and exotic species.
Compensation: hourly base salary with production compensation, paid time off, stipend and additional paid time for continuing education, professional license and AVMA dues reimbursement, generous personal pet benefits
Contact: Meredith Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org