Midwest Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital
Midwest Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital, located in a suburb of Chicago, IL, is looking for an Associate Veterinarian (DVM) to join our team! Experienced Veterinarians as well as new graduates are welcome to apply.
We are a full-service veterinary general practice and emergency facility that treats exotics exclusively by day, but our after-hours emergency is open for walk-in for dogs and cats too. In this role, you would be the Veterinarian responsible for our overnight hours, which are from 7pm until 8am, three days a week (3 on/4 off, and flexible hours – a mix of days and nights are available!).
Exotic experience is not necessary as mentorship is available.
New graduates are welcome to apply and will be supported and mentored by our Veterinarians on days, before transitioning to nights.
What do we offer? Lots of things, including:
- A well-equipped hospitals with digital radiology, ultrasonic dental equipment, loads of in-house testing (see below), and computerized medical records.
- The support of a large experienced and caring staff. And, we like to have fun too!
- Competitive salary and benefits (including health and dental insurance)
- Paid licensing fees, association dues, and continuing education (CE)
- Paid time off and a 401(k) plan
- Sign-on bonus or relocation assistance
- Exotic animal mentorship available, if needed
- Support and mentorship available for new graduates
What makes someone a good fit?
If you’re an enthusiastic, team-player who enjoys emergency veterinary work and doesn’t mind winter-weather in a fantastic city, you’d be a great fit for our hospital. A DVM degree is required, but again exotic experience is not and mentorship can be provided.
Curious to learn more about our hospital?
On our team, you will have access to all these great resources:
- Four exam rooms
- Digital Radiology
- Rigid Endoscopy
- Ultrasonic Dental Equipment
- Isoflurane anesthesia
- Exotic patient ward warmed (85F) and humidified (40%)
- Complete in house Hematological and Chemistry analysis, in house Electrolyte, Blood Gas and Clotting analysis, DNA Sexing, Cultures, Gram Stain, Cytology, Histopathology, Infectious Disease Testing, Urine and Fecal Analysis, External Parasite Checks
- Paper light computerized medical records and invoicing
Plus, we are located in fantastic Elmwood Park, directly adjacent to Chicago and Oak Park, with endless restaurants and nightlife. Parks, forest preserves, rivers, and Lake Michigan for beach and watersport activities at your fingertips. All the benefits of downtown Chicago are just a 20 minute drive east including world class dining, shopping, music, museums, theaters, art galleries, sporting events, and sightseeing. Visit www.midwestexotichospital.com to learn more about our hospital.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org