Integrative Avian and Exotic pet practice in a western suburb of Chicago is seeking a full time veterinary associate. This progressive exotics practice is a combination of a primary care facility for a well-established client base, referral practice for avian and exotic pets from around the Midwest, and holistic care center for dogs, cats and exotics. The vast majority of our patients are avian and exotic pet species, while the remaining few percent are dog and cat holistic care patients. This privately owned practice is housed in our own free-standing facility with a welcoming and compassionate ambiance, while providing the latest in avian and exotic pet diagnostics and medicine.
Our entire team maintains a strong foundation in conventional diagnostics and therapy for all of our patients. The hospital is equipped with an in-house laboratory, Epica Vimago CT scanner, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy and digital thermography. In addition, we integrate a variety of holistic modalities to complement the care of our patients, including herbal therapy, Chinese medicine, nutraceuticals, Laser therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care. Although training and experience in holistic modalities is not required, an open-minded attitude and willingness to incorporate the benefits of alternative therapies available is a necessity. Several of our staff veterinarians have advanced training in many of the integrative modalities to care for our patients.
• Veterinary Degree from accredited Veterinary School, in good standing
• Licensed to practice in Illinois by Department of Professional Regulations, or able to obtain license from the state
• Devotion to care, husbandry and medicine of Avian and Exotic/Nondomestic Species
• Openness to Integrative modalities, in addition to progressive diagnostics, surgery & conventional medicine
– Salary range dependent on level of experience and expertise = $100,000 to $150,000
– Additional benefits:
• Pro-Sal salary with opportunity for significant quarterly bonuses
• Paid Time Off for Vacation, Continued Education & Personal Days
• Group Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield, with 50% paid by employer
• Dental & Vision Insurance offered, with 100% paid by employee
• Eligibility for Vested Profit Sharing Plan
• Continued Education allowance
• Professional Association Dues allowance
Lifestyle & Surrounding Area
Lisle is located less than 30 miles west of Chicago and adjacent to the top rated city of Naperville. Train stations in Lisle and Naperville provide easy access to Chicago and its rich cultural attributes. Naperville continues to be rated one of the top 10 best places to live in America, being home of a highly rated public school system and diverse downtown complete with a spectacular river walk, many top restaurants, shops and local cultural activities. Lisle is home of the expansive & educational Morton Arboretum in addition to an extensive surrounding forest preserve system.