We are growing and seeking a veterinarian to join our team.
What we offer at our practice:
- AAHA Accredited, fear-free, eco-friendly, rapidly growing state-of-the-art small animal and exotic veterinary hospital
- A suite of services: routine and major soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, complete dental care, wellness, preventative, laser therapy, thermal imaging, and diagnostics
- A veterinarian team experienced in advanced diagnostics, soft tissue surgery, and orthopedics with over 25 years of exotic veterinary medicine experience
- Equipment: digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, surgical suite, in-house laboratories and pharmacy, flexible and rigid endoscopy, and CT coming soon
- Skilled, tenured, and experienced support staff
- Purpose-built veterinary training and mentorship programs
- Schedule: 4-day work week (8 am – 8 pm) and every other Saturday (9 am – 4 pm)
Our ideal candidate:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree or equivalent
- Surgical skills are desired, but not required, we can provide mentorship
- A creative and energetic veterinarian who loves collaborating within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- An interest in exotics and/or willingness to learn
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Salary based on experience: $85 – 110k base salary with production
- Up to $10k sign-on bonus
- Up to $30k a year for student loan relief
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and 2% company match
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- CE Allowance ($2,500 a year and 3 days of CE specific PTO for Full-Time Veterinarians)
- We pay 100% of Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and State Licensure Fees
About 2nd Street Animal Hospital
2nd Street Animal Hospital is an AAHA Accredited, fear-free, eco-friendly, rapidly growing state-of-the-art new small animal/exotic veterinary hospital. With over 25 years of exotic animal veterinary experience, we are the leading exotic veterinary practice in the region. We also are very active in the community and with many rescue groups.
We are located in the desirable Northern Liberties neighborhood of Philadelphia with 3000 new residential units under construction within walking distance from the hospital making this a desirable area to work and live.
2nd Street Animal Hospital is a proud partner of Innovetive Petcare. Where we believe that you are the future of veterinary medicine. Cultivate, innovate, develop, and collaborate. Excellent pet care comes from exceptional teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy
2nd Street Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or any other non-merit factor. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.