Bulger Veterinary Hospital is a unique General Practice and Specialty Hospital with 24hr Emergency Care 365 days a year. We are looking to hire an experience veterinary technician to join our exotics team in Lawrence, Massachusetts.
About the job:
- Experience with restraint and handling of exotic patients – avian, reptiles and amphibians
- Experience and knowledge in surgical assistance, monitoring of anesthetized patients
- Experience and knowledge with phlebotomy, lab specimen collection and radiographs
- Client communications and record keeping
Schedule- This is a Full-time position and will include up to 3 holidays.
About you– Graduate of an accredited AVMA program or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience in Veterinary Anesthesia.
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids and CRI’s
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT or VTS is preferred
About Bulger Veterinary Hospital- Bulger is a full service Veterinary Hospital that offers comprehensive care that includes General Wellness, 24-hour Emergency Care Service and Specialty Medicine in the areas of Ophthalmology, Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Exotics and Cardiology.
Benefits– Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms and a generous CE allowance.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.